TenneT Virtual Vision, Berlin
Virtually experiencing the energy revolution
TenneT TSO GmbH is one of Europe‘s leading transmission systems operator. Every day, the company supplies 41 million consumers with electricity. TenneT has opened the mixed reality experience centre in Berlin in 2017, creating new standards for corporate and stakeholder communication. TenneT was awarded the international Charge Energy Branding Award 2017 as „World‘s Best Transmission Brand“.
The macom engineers skilfully implemented the communicative concept of the agency “die wegmeister”. Previously, macom had prepared a feasibility study and an operational concept for the AV implementation. This guarantees stable and efficient operation.
The TenneT Virtual Vision experience centre offers 8 multimedia info points with mixed reality systems on an area of more than 260 m². These enable interested visitors to immerse themselves virtually and interactively in the work of TenneT and to experience the challenges of the energy transition.
Stations of the tour
- Station 1/8: Reception and end of the tour with the 180° projection „Agora“
- Station 2: Energy revolution – Virtual reality application with Samsung GEAR VR systems
- Station 3: Information display 84‘‘+ 2 x 22‘‘ info steles
- Station 4: Multitouch table on the topic of network expansion
- Station 5: Control room with seamless display wall in a 4×2 arrangement and control panel (22‘‘)
- Station 6: Prospect of market / assets / future with Microsoft HoloLens mixed reality glasses
- Station 7: virtual trip to the HelWin-Alpha offshore converter platform with synchronized HTC Vive VR goggles. Unique: through the synchronous switching of the glasses group visits of the offshore project are possible.
Requirements on/challenges for the planning:
- Extremely short project period of only eleven months
- Low-maintenance, fail-safe operation with remote maintenance option
- Central control of all components
- Harmonious integration into modern architecture
- Modularity and scalability of the technologies to be able to expand the installation in the future
- Intuitive use of the technique interfaces
- High stability and quality of signal transmission
- Creation of business case and operating concept for media concept and AV technology; in this way ensuring stable and efficient operation
- Specialist planning support during the execution planning (LPH 05), the tendering process (LPH 06-07) and the object supervision during the construction phase (LPH 08)