New conference technology for the BMW research and innovation centre (BMW FIZ)
Modernisation of the research and innovation centre’s main building
AV technology for 80 workspaces
BMW FIZ is the research and innovation centre of the BMW AG. In the course of the conversion planning the building was equipped with an up-to-date communication and event technology. The planning contract was preceded by a business case in which the macom engineers examined the project scope and the implementation.
As a part of the business case, fixed room types for the entire building were defined: from creative rooms to small and medium-sized conference rooms right up to executive offices, two high-quality conference rooms and a tap-proof boardroom. In total, the macom engineers have planned the AV technology of 80 rooms.
The easy operation of the technology and a central control for optimal working conditions for the BMW development engineers were guaranteed. Furthermore, all the rooms were networked with each other and can be controlled via a central AV management system. Remote control via a web interface is also possible. This reduces maintenance costs and increases availability.
Special features of the project
- Definition of fixed room types and specialist planning of 80 creative, seminar, conference rooms and executive offices as well as boardrooms.
- AV equipment for foyer and bistro area (suitable for company meetings)
- Easy and standardised operation of the AV technology, networking of all rooms for central operation and remote control via web interface
- Fixed budget which was kept despite the large project
- Business case and feasibility analysis
- Specialist planning expertise for the conceptual design (LPH 03), detailed design (LPH 05), tendering process (LPH 06) and object monitoring
Any questions? Use our contact form, we will contact you immediately.