Event centre Besenbinderhof, Hamburg
Acoustics and AV technology in a historic setting
Challenging room and electro acoustics
Modernisation in a listed building
During the structural modernisation, the listed Besenbinderhof of DGB Hamburg (music hall, three seminar rooms and a foyer) was equipped with advanced AV and conference technology. Additionally, the room acoustics was improved significantly and it was optimised for different event formats. The event centre now offers ideal conditions for a variety of events and seminars.
The big challenge was the room acoustic situation in the music hall with its vaulted ceiling and long reverberation times. The macom engineers did not just take over the acoustics analysis of the music hall and the seminar rooms. In addition, they created the specialist planning of the electro acoustics, the lighting and the AV infrastructure.
- The aim was to significantly improve the sophisticated room acoustics in the music hall and the seminar rooms to allow different event formats.
- Acoustics, lighting and AV technology were supposed to allow a flexible use of the music hall, regardless of the seating.
- All measures observing monument protection as well as a seamless integration of the technology into the spatial architecture.
- Creation of a business case for acoustics, lighting and AV equipment considering the planned event formats
- Room acoustics measurements and analysis in the music hall and the seminar rooms; deduction of sensible measures concerning the room and electro acoustics and elaboration of the acoustic measures in cooperation with interior design.
- Development of solution concepts as a decision template in a concept phase preceding the execution; specialist support during the planning stages (LPH03,05), tendering process (LPH06) and the object monitoring during construction phase (LPH08).